In the era of COVID-19, where whole worlds’ movements stop at once. Now, something good is going to happen. Major League Baseball (MLB) announced to start the league on July 4th, which was supposed to start two months ago. But this time it starts with stricter and compulsory protocols by keeping in mind the safety and health of players.
Health and Safety Rules
Some of the health and safety rules published in MLB’s report are the following:
- Matches will be without fans.
- No eating of outside food during traveling.
- Team-boosting actions are banned like high fives, first bumps, or aggressive actions like spitting.
- Testing of team members per week and checking of temperature twice a day.
- Team personnel has to wear masks while in dugouts. Also, they are not allowed to touch their face intentionally (as many players give signs through this feature).
- The tradition of exchanging lineup cards at home plate would be scrapped in favor of electronic submissions.
To get momentum amongst the players, they are supposed to be in the high moral state. The protocols or the measures will change as per the need of time. As the US suffers from a high number of cases, it would be difficult to run this event.
But the whole world, especially sportspeople or sports lovers will have keen eyes on this event. As the success of this event could lead to many other games in the future.