The current education system faced a drastic change due to the epidemic COVID-19. From blackboards to whiteboards, it took decades for transformation. But, in a few months or less, mobiles and laptops replace all sources. And, all credit goes to the Internet for connecting students with their masters.
Schools and colleges took online classes, many digital platforms helping them to access it properly. Many educational websites are providing content and video lectures free of cost. Governments also took steps to compensate for the loss of study.
Boston University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and many other renowned institutions are providing a verified certificate for a small fee. In India, to intensify online education The Ministry of Human Resource and Developed (MHRD) launched many educational apps like e-Pathshala, Swayam, Diksha, etc.
The e-learning scenario is tremendously transforming the world in all aspects, yet some are it’s demerits too. But, first, we will share all about its merits, and they are:
- Easily accessible: If you have all the resources, laptops, or mobile phones and good Internet speed, you can access e-content easily.
- Enhancing comfortability: Students can learn with their comfort. They can easily access classes in their favorite comfy pants and to have noodles with it.
- Easy learning: Children who do not understand the concept easily, make a pause or revise the video number of times to get clarity.
- Maintaining Continuity: Recently, many schools follow digital platforms to teach their students in the era of COVID-19. This would bring continuation and regularity amongst the students.
- More options: People can visit various sites to opt best. They can easily gain knowledge from their favorite tutors or institutions.
- Creating opportunity: Providing an opportunity to get a job in the digital education system.
- Save the environment: This eco-friendly learning is completely paperless.
- Highly Profitable: Highly effective and efficient for e-learning educators. Also, digital learning enriches the organization’s value.
No doubt about the benefits of online learning, it is just commendable. But, some of its harsh impacts are there which not only affects students, also to our society. They are:
- Question on Equality: There are billions of people who cannot afford a two-time meal. They don’t have smartphones, even in some rural areas, there are no networks. How can students in such areas study?
- Question on Parenting: As many of the parents are not well educated to teach their children properly, which also generates a question on parenting.
- Question on quality education: Some schools are not taking the online education seriously, they run the classes with the motto to get fees from parents.
- Question on increasing stress and anxiety: Tots who are not able to understand the topics, deal with stress and anxiety. They stressed their performance in exams conducted when schools get open.
Education is a key that brings all children together irrespective of their caste, religion, or social status. It plays as a bridge that unites all children together. We believe education scenarios must be accessible and available to all and unite everyone.