International Olympic Day was acquainted in 1948 with honor to the introduction of the modern Olympic Games on 23 June 1894 at the Sorbonne in Paris. The objective was to advance investment in sport across the globe paying little heed to age, sexual orientation, or athletic capacity. Olympic Day was held interestingly on 23 June with an aggregate of 9 National Olympic Committees (NOCs) facilitating services in their individual nations: Austria, Belgium, Canada, Great Britain, Greece, Portugal, Switzerland, Uruguay, and Venezuela. International Olympic Day is seen on 23rd June the whole way across the world by a huge number of individuals take part in sports exercises.
International Olympic Day 2021: History
While following the set of experiences, we see the underlying foundations of the Olympics in eighth century BC Greece. Greece advanced the practice of sports and competitors. They energize the investment of games and directed numerous from antiquated occasions. Aristocrat Pierre de Coubertin was propelled by the old Olympic games and later brought about the formation of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and directed the main modern Olympic games.
The modern Olympic sports held in 1894 after the reproduction of the old Olympic games. Subsequently, to recollect and praise the introduction of modern Olympic games, on the 23rd June in 1984 in Paris, the international Olympic games are figured out how to be held each year.
As an authentic record, ladies were allowed to play in the Olympics just since 1900. The colder time of year and summer Olympics were hung on similar dates from 1924 to 1992. Afterward, changes dominated. The Olympic day was first seen on June 23 of every 1948 and a few nations like Greece, Canada, Great Britain, and Uruguay set up the Olympic day in their nations.
During the 41st Session in the year 1947, the International Olympic Committee in Stockholm, an International Olympic Committee part, Doctor Gruss, in Czechoslovakia, offered a report about the festival of Olympic Day. In January 1948 the arrangement was chosen one year after the fact on the event of the 42nd IOC Session in St. Moritz.
The National Olympic Committee was responsible for arranging the plans during the current day and requested to pick somewhere in the range of seventeenth and 24th June. The getting sorted outboard at last presumed that the International Olympic Day will be praised on 23rd June yearly. The main Olympic Day was seen on 23rd June in the year 1948.
Olympic Day 2021: Theme
The International Olympic Day 2020 theme was Move, learn and find. For the most part, the Olympic day themes incorporate the motivation and inspiration to be remembered for the games and sports. It urges individuals to incorporate a solid way of life and fiery schedules.
World Olympic Day 2021: Significance
International Olympic Day is shaped as motivation and consolation for energetic admirers of sports and other games. Consequently, the International Olympic Day means to empower, appreciate and motivate the wannabes of sports universally. The day can likewise be considered as a wellspring of recognition for the players and champs of pleased history. Consistently, a day to feature the pride of countries and conjure the significance of the games and sports, that is what is the issue here. Numerous exercises are advanced on this day which makes it considerably really fascinating.
ALSO READ | Olympic Gold Medals Are Actually Made Up of Silver Coated With Gold
List of Olympic Sports
- Baseball and softball
- Basketball (including 3×3 basketball)
- Beach volleyball
- Cycling (track, road, mountain, BMX)
- Equestrian (dressage, jumping and eventing)
- Field hockey
- Modern pentathlon
- Roller sport (skateboarding)
- Rugby 7s
- Sailing (including windsurfing)
- Synchronized swimming
- Table tennis
- Track and field
- Volleyball (indoor)
- Water polo
- Kiteboarding (as part of sailing in 2024)
- Breakdancing (added for 2024)
- Baseball and softball (added for 2020)
- Karate (added for 2020)
- Skateboarding (added for 2020)
- Climbing (added for 2020)
- Surfing (added for 2020)
- 3×3 basketball (as part of basketball in 2020)
- Golf (in 2016)
- Rugby union (in 2016)
- Baseball (in 2008)
International Olympic Day 2021: Quotes
- The important thing in life is not to triumph but to compete.” – Pierre de Coubertin
- Winning doesn’t always mean being first. Winning means you’re doing better than you’ve ever done before. – Bonnie Blair, American speed skater and five-time gold medalist
- Focus, discipline, hard work, goal setting and, of course, the thrill of finally achieving your goals. These are all lessons of life. – Kristi Yamaguchi, American figure skater and 1992 gold medalist
- I am building a fire, and every day I train, I add more fuel. At just the right moment, I light the match. – Mia Hamm, American soccer player and two-time gold medalist
- If you dream and allow yourself to dream, you can do anything. – Clara Hughes, Canadian cyclist and 2006 gold-medal-winning speed skater
- The world never puts a price on you higher than the one you put on yourself. – Sonja Henie, Norwegian figure skater and three-time gold medalist
- Without passion, you won’t do something 100 per cent. That’s the bottom line. – Apolo Ohno, American speed skater and an eight-time medalist
- It’s not about winning at the Olympic Games. It’s about trying to win. The motto is faster, higher, stronger, not fastest, highest, strongest. Sometimes it’s the trying that matters. – Bronte Barratt, Australian swimmer and 2008 gold medalist
- To win, you have to risk loss. – Jean-Claude Killy, French ski racer and three-time gold medalist
- There is a popular fallacy that falling is the mark of a poor skater. But the truth is that when one stops falling, he has probably stopped improving. – Dick Button, American figure skater and two-time gold medalist.
Leave a Reply