The Government of India launched a mission called Vande Bharat Mission to evacuate Indian nationals from abroad. To bring back its people on compelling grounds, the mission will be conducted in a phased manner.
The travel is arranged by aircraft and naval ships. Indian Embassies and High Commissions prepared a list of distressed Indian citizens. This facility would be made available on payment basis. The travel has started from today, May 7.
Medical screening of passengers would be done, only asymptomatic passengers would be allowed to travel. After reaching India, they will be medically screened and quarantined for 14 days.
And the mission starts…
The first flight under Vande Bharat Mission begins from Abu Dhabi to Kochi. The flight takes 177 passengers from Abu Dhabi to India, a tweet by Anurag Srivastava.
The first flight with 177 passengers takes off from Abu Dhabi to Kochi#TeamIndia will continue with its tireless efforts to bring Indians home@PMOIndia @PIBHomeAffairs @MoCA_GoI @MoHFW_INDIA @IndembAbuDhabi pic.twitter.com/9wemQEhY23
— Anurag Srivastava (@MEAIndia) May 7, 2020
Standard Operating Protocol (SOP) For Indians To Return Their Country
Indians who had traveled to different countries before the lockdown for various purposes will get back to their nations. Also, Indian nationals who need to visit India in a medical emergency or death of a family member can also apply.
- Such persons will register themselves with the Indian Missions, submit their necessary details as prescribed by MEA. MEA will prepare a database on a registration basis.
- They should be tested COVID-19 negative.
- Priority will be given to migrant workers, short term visa holders faced with the expiry of visas, persons with medical emergency/pregnant women/elderly, and students.
- The cost of travel, as specified by MoCA/DMA will be borne by such travelers.
- These passengers will be kept under quarantine for a minimum of 14 days.
- And, they will pass through thermal screening initially. And then their test for COVID-19 will be conducted. They can go home if they test negative after their quarantine.
- All passengers shall be asked to download the Aarogya Setu App. Get More Information Click Here